So why is everyone sick? Have you noticed that younger and younger generations are falling ill with chronic conditions, cancer and autoimmune conditions? Our immune systems are tricky. They are brilliantly made to expel toxins with fevers, diarrhea and vomiting, but what happens if a rather silent toxin is continually exposed to the system? This often manifests as an autoimmune condition. What are autoimmune conditions?
They are disorders in which immunity has gone awry, causing the body to turn on itself. Whatever “toxin” remains in the body continues to alert the immune system. It’s as if it’s stuck in the “on” position. Diet causes many autoimmune conditions. Sugar, wheat, pesticides, gluten, heavy metals and genetically modified organisms causes distention and eventual pH changes.
When the pH is higher than 3 (caused by long term acid blockers like Pepcid, Nexium, Prilosec or diet), pepsin is not released. Pepsin is REQUIRED for protein breakdown. These excess proteins leak through the permeable gut wall where it alerts the immune system and are detected as a foreign intruder. The body than revs up immunity and inflammation ensues. Inflammation is the body’s natural defense when it’s short lived, but leads to chronic life long disease once chronic. Here are some examples of autoimmune conditions:
- Brain-MS, autism, Guillain-Barré syndrome (caused by flu shot or a virus)
- Bones-rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, polymyalgia rheumatica
- Muscles-fibromyalgia, muscular dystrophy
- Skin-eczema, psoriasis, scleroderma, vitiligo
- Lungs-Wegener’s granulomatosis, asthma
- Nerves-diabetic & peripheral neuropathy
- GI tract/pancreas-Celiacs, IBS, Crohns, ulcerative colitis, diabetes
- Blood-leukemia, lupus, hemolytic conditions
- Thyroid-Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Graves’ disease
Allopathic medicine tells us the answer to these disorders is immunosuppression, or depressing our natural immunity rather than finding the cause. One example of this is Humira or Prednisone. Doesn’t this sound counter-intuitive? Why would we hinder our body’s natural response to a foreign intruder, rather than trying to pinpoint that said intruder? Why put a bandaid that causes other side effects on the issue rather than remove the issue?
1. DIET: eliminate all wheat, gluten, soy, dairy, processed & fried foods. No gmo and all organic. Keep a food elimination journal. Notice nausea, fatigue, bloating or itching after ingesting each food. Many of these foods are not inflammatory in their unprocessed, natural states but thanks to refining, pasteurizing and genetic modification, they are now disease causing. Avoid SUGAR, aspartame, MSG, trans fats, hydrogenated oils like canola or vegetable oil. Do not indulge in excessive caffeine and alcohol.
Incorporate healthy fats like coconut, avocado, omega-3’s, olive oil or nuts and seeds. Buy a Berkey filter or reverse osmosis filter to remove birth control, toxins, metals and fluoride from your tap water. Alkaline diet w/ low sodium and high potassium foods. Add a probiotic.
2. Colon cleanse: you should be having 2-3 BMs/day. Constipation is disease. Drink plenty of distilled or fluoride free water, plant based organic diet, aloe Vera water, coconut kefir, ginger, garlic, fennel, bentonite clay or activated charcoal to bind & remove toxins, magnesium and vitamin C. Indian gooseberry or triphala is a great colon cleanse. Coffee enemas are irreplaceable and double as a colon and liver cleanse.
3. Parasites: The Global Healing Center has a great harmful organism cleansing kit. Important ingredients include wormwood, black walnut hull, cloves. Cinnamon, garlic, coconut oil, psyllium husks, bentonite clay and coffee enemas are invaluable.
4. Kidney cleanse: organic cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar, lukewarm lemon water, magnesium and Epsom salt baths. Helpful herbs include horsetail, Flor essence tea along with Uva Ursi capsules, Ginger, Goldenrod tincture, Vitamin B-6, Black Cherry Concentrate, and Vegetable Glycerin all help flush the kidneys. Stay away from pesticides-they have been proven to cause kidney failure.
5. Heavy Metals: Excellent natural chelators include chlorella, cilantro, high sulfur foods like cabbage, onions, garlic and brussels sprouts. You can also get professional IV chelation. Avoid unnecessary vaccines which contain heavy metals. Zeolite clay and activated charcoal are great chelators.
Be sure to see a biologic dentist who specializes in removing Mercury amalgams safely. Mercury is not safe, is a neurotoxin and can lead to autoimmune conditions, mood disorders and mental degradation. Why do you think the mad hatter was mad? He cured felt hats with mercury!
6. Liver cleanse: milk thistle, burdock root, dandelion root, beets, Jerusalem artichokes, garlic, turmeric or curcumin, fermented foods, and castor oil packs on abdomen to pull out toxins. Teas like tulsi and dandelion also support a healthy liver. Be sure you’re taking ornithine with your liver cleanse. Lugol’s iodine is also supportive of metabolism and liver detox.
Olive oil cleanse for liver: For a week drink carrot juice and eat tart green apples to your soften gallstones so that they don’t become dislodged during the detox process. Then take a shot of olive oil with lemon juice and do a castor oil pack at night. I have SAVED patients from having their gallbladder removed this way!
7. Skin: the skin is your biggest organ! Slathering lotions, makeup, deodorants or fragrances on that contain parabens, BHT or other endocrine disrupters can lead to hormone dysregulation, PCOS, endometriosis, and fibroids. Infrared saunas, sweating, hot yoga, Epsom salt baths, and dry brush to get your lymph system to remove chemicals. Exercise and good sweat is needed daily. Avoid any mainstream or synthetic toiletries and go organic. The cosmetic field is NOT regulated and everything is absorbed. Vitamin D prevents breast and prostate cancer!!
8. Lymphatic system: This is the sewer system of the body but does not have a pump like the heart. Therefore movement, deep breathing, walking, rebounding, yoga and dry brushing are excellent for lymph movement. Lymph massages can remove toxins from the body through soft massage.
Remember to take care of yourself. Eat and live like you love yourself. Detox, unplug and unwind.
What Do You Think ? Add a Comment...