Adults aren’t the only people who can benefit from meditation. Children can as well! This was well demonstrated by a school district in San Francisco that opted to help troubled teens through mindfulness.
The program taught students to use a quiet time to practice meditation, sometimes using quiet, other times mantras, for 15 minutes a day. The school board hoped it would help kids let go of stress and clear their minds.
In the end, the school saw suspensions decrease by 79% and attendance increase by 98%. Students who participated also saw an increase in their grade point average. Could you imagine if every school in America did this? It really would be something else.
Other benefits of meditation:
- You end up having less worry, anxiety, and fewer impulsive behaviors.
- You experience less stress, depression, fear, and feelings of loneliness.
- Your self-esteem and self-acceptance get a huge boost.
- You find yourself more resilient in the face of adversity.
- You’re increasingly optimistic and aware of your surroundings.
- Your emotional intelligence and mood improves as well.
It seems like meditation can do a lot for adults and kids alike. Do you meditate? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
What Do You Think ? Add a Comment...